Friday, February 03, 2006

You know what I love, even more than the fun little things that Ben does during the day - like rolling; the funny expressions he makes when he's concentrating on picking a piece of food up, or when he tries to make a new word or sound; how excited he gets when he knows he's going to eat - is at night when he's about to go to bed, or when he's ready for a nap, and I give him a bottle and after time his eyes finally close and his arms and legs finally relax. I love to look at his little features, and I kiss his little fingers and his forehead. I know the doctors all say we are supposed to let Ben fall asleep by himself, but how do you miss an opportunity to have him sleeping on your shoulder feeling his little chest against yours. It's really one of the greatest things in the world. We've been so lucky with our little munchkin.

1 comment:

Charles Schultz said...

The doctors say that because they look at the long road ahead. My mommy lets me fall asleep while nursing, even though I am almost 1 year old, and I love it!! In fact, I love it so much that I have a really hard time falling asleep at night if I don't nurse. It is like the ultimate pacifier, and a very pleasant transition. Mommy loves it too - she rubs my face, my hands and arms, my hair, enjoying the peace of the moment.